.45-70 Gov Kit for Reloaders
.338 Win Mag Training Kit for Reloaders
Introduce your family & friends to both the shooting sports and reloading.
This kit contains:
- 20 ea. .308″ bullets for reloading your own ammunition.
See Loading Data for more information:
- 1 ea. Action Target Ball, a tethered ball that jumps when hit.
When fired, the cartridges will have the noise level and recoil of a .22 rim fire; see the Relative Recoil section for details.
Hopefully, you’ve been using 4-Sigma Bullets and Ammunition since the day you first unboxed your big bore. If so, their greatly reduced noise and recoil has prevented you from ever learning to flinch. If not, you can start now to train/retrain your mussel memory while getting ready for your hunt of a lifetime. Start by working on the proper sight picture and trigger control. For a couple of reasons, you also need to practice rapidly working your action when hunting anything that requires one of these big bores: (1) you need to concentrate on the target—turn getting the second cartridge into the barrel, over to your mussel memory—and, (2) if a second shot is necessary, the target will no longer be stationary . . . it might be running away, or it might be heading your way!
At any rate, make sure your sight picture, trigger control, and working your bolt are firmly imprinted on your muscle memory before gradually increasing bullet weight and powder charge toward full big game loads. See Relative Recoil.
The purpose of this particular Training Kit is to both reduce costs (you load your own), and allow you to teach reloading.
- Check the package contents.
- Load the bullets into your new or resized .300 Win Mag cases.
- Tie one end of the rope to the ball & make a loop in the other end. Feed the nail through the washer and then through the loop.
- Drive the nail into the ground.
- Place the ball ~5 feet from the nail and start shooting.
Be sure that you have a safe bullet backstop!
|Dimensions||6 × 5 × .3 in|